Saturday, November 26, 2016

Classroom Set-Up


Fortunately, I was one of those first year teachers who was hired around a month before school started. I remember being so excited to just get my keys and get in my classroom so I could start decorating. My pinterest was full of pictures of beautiful classrooms and I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do. My hopes were high, and I was ready to hit up just about every learning store in the area.

This is what my classroom looked like when I got my key:





After countless days in my classroom, and a very supportive mother to help me, I had it set up how I wanted it, bright and colorful.

Here are some after pictures:






Now, I would love to tell you that everything worked out perfectly, and that this set up was just like the other teachers classrooms that you see on instagram and lust after, however, I am happy to share the lessons I have learned by not succeeding in my classroom set up my first time.





I'm sure I will think of more throughout the year, but you get the gist of it! Part of being a new teacher is making mistakes, I am just lucky that my school rocks and I have so much support while doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment